Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is a common weed in cultivated soils throughout the United States. This nutritious weed has a distinctive thick, reddish stem and succulent, green spoon-like shaped leaves. Purslane develops tiny, yellow flowers about a quarter of an inch across that usually open only in full sunlight.
The health benefits of Purslane
- Acts as a mild diuretic and so prevents water retention.
- Aids with weight loss.
- Benefits the hair and nails.
- Improves digestion, heals intestinal and colon issues.
- Improves the efficiency of the immune system.
- Prevents development disorders in children such as attention deficit disorder, autism and hyperactivity.
- Protects the bones.
- Reduces blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Improves circulation and prevents blood clots, heart attacks and strokes.
- Reduces inflammation and pain in joints.
Properties of Purslane
- Anthelmintic (expels parasites and worms)
- Antibacterial (fights bacterial infections)
- Antiscorbutic (prevents scurvy, vitamin C deficiency)
- Cathartic (activates bowel evacuation)
- Depurative (detoxifying and purifying)
- Diuretic (causes increased urination and hence reduces water retention)
- Febrifuge (reduces fever)
Suggested Dosage: 20-60 drops three times a day or as needed.
Ingredients: Fresh Purslane, Grain Alcohol
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.